It was more than a pleasant surprise to be nominated for the Liebster Award. Many thanks to Brianna of LookBook Style and Design for nominating my blog . The award is aimed at promoting emerging bloggers and is also a great way to connect to other talented bloggers out there. Here are the questions posed to me:
Q & A
1. When did you start your blog and what influenced you to start it?
Beginning of March, the company I worked for, an Online Advertising Network, moved its office from my current city in Bangalore to Mumbai. And since I could not get up and leave, I quit 🙂 I decided to take a break from media planning to pursue my passion of painting, traveling and blogging about home decor and interiors. The past 6 months have been a wonderful experience doing up my new home and the past month even better writing about it.
2. Describe yourself in one word.
3. What day of the week do you enjoy the most?
Saturday – A break from the week and a day away from Monday 😛 Family, home, great food and my wonderful dogs Calvin & Hobbes is Saturday for me.
4. Do you collect anything? If so, what?
Shells, I love them, they are freely available and only takes a visit to the beach and a keen eye to get some unique finds. Unfortunately for me the nearest beach is about 5hours away.
5. What is something you’ve done that you’re proud of?
My home, time and again every new house I went to, the process of making it home is something I love. But this time its our own space and the effort we have put in makes me proud.
6. Currently, what song makes you happy?
This one is easy – Happy by Pharrell Williams, makes my day! ‘I’m a hot air balloon I could go to space’ the words can bring a smile to anyone’s face!
7. What is one piece of technology that you can’t live without?
8. What has challenged you about blogging?
The number of great blogs out there is amazing, be it wordpress or blogspot or any other blogging space and trying to read as much as I can without getting lost and spending the entire day reading and not writing myself!
9. What would a perfect day be for you?
A good breakfast, tea and a green space to allow my mind to wander free without interruption, like this spot from where I’m writing this.
10. How does your blog inspire others?
Infusing art in our lives, decor in our homes, appreciating all things beautiful and unique does not require just experts. We all have an eye for our own kind of beautiful, just a little spare time and encouragement can do wonders. That is the message Thumbprinted is trying to send out, be as unique as you are and let your home and life reflect that!
11. What is your favorite food recipe?
Its summer in India and I am looking forward to some yummy mangoes. But what I crave is good old Buttermilk, desi (indian) style. Called Masala Chaas you can find the recipe here.
Masala Chaas (Photo credit : MapsofIndia.com)
And for my turn now, I nominate the following eleven blogs by some extremely creative and talented people:
- The Crafty Rabbit by Leah McCurdy
- Two Puzzle Pieces by Katie & Katrina
- Decodecor by Jillian
- Friendly Green Frog by Carol Jeandel
- The Borrowed Cities by Aileen
- Last Legs Blog by Melanie
- Paint Chart Joy by Joanne
- Bonnie Interiors by Bonnie
- 3thinking by Peter Dawson
- The Lovely Ordinary by Kassey
- Palettes and Passports by Kate
Questions for the Nominees
1. Tell us a little about your blog and what inspired you to write?
2. How would your friends describe you?
3. What is your favorite Quote?
4. Any particular blogs that inspire you regularly?
5. What do you love about your home?
6. What is your dream travel destination?
7. What is the most memorable experience you have had from blogging?
8. What would be your addiction?
9. The one movie you can watch again and again?
10. The one day in a year you look forward to?
11. What do you love most about your city?
Rules for the Nominees
1. Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
2. Nominate 11 new blogs with 500 followers or less.
3. Post 11 new questions for you nominees to answer.
4. Tag your nominees in your post and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been nominated!
-Thanks for stopping by and participating!-
3 Comments Add yours
Hello Anusha , How i answer the question to you ! I had answer question already . But where i send my answer ! Thanks 🙂
Hi Carol, what you need to do is create a new post on your blog with responses to the questions I asked along with 11 new blogs that you wish to nominate and 11 questions you want to ask them. You can check my post on the same, happy blogging!
Thanks Anusha , I’m totally understand 🙂 and check it now .